Friday, September 2, 2011

Sick little baby

A couple of weeks ago I noticed Tanner felt warm so


I decided to take his temp and it was 101.5 which


is a significant temp in a newborn. So, I called the nurse


and she said he needed to be evaluated immediately. Everyone


was making such a big deal about it. I thought he could wait til


the next morning and then we could make a trip to LR.


That is where our pediatrician is. Well, I was wrong! They


said infection in a newborn can spread really fast and they


can become septic. After that, they don't do well. :( Well,


then I became really scared! So, thank the Lord for my


father-in-law being a Dr. in town. He called a pediatrician and


he met us in the ER because of course, this is all after hours!


We went in at around 9:00 and after some tests and my new


baby boy being stuck with a needle 3 times they admitted us at


2:00 am. They had to rule out sepsis and give him IV antibiotics for


48 hrs. The medical center here used to have a NICU but


its not being used anymore (such a waste). Well, little


Tanner had that whole wing to himself and his own


private nurse! The Dr. said he was too young to go to the


pediatric floor but couldn't go back to the newborn nursery.


So, he was in the best place he could be!



Daddy rocking the little man


Momma wants her little man to come home!
Turned out it was all fine and he came home after
48 hours. Prayers were answered!




No comments: